U.S. States Making Sex Toys Safer

October 6, 2011 at 9:30 pm  •  Posted in SEX PRODUCTS in the news by  •  2 Comments

Blisstree reports that over 2 dozen U.S. States are working towards making sex toys BPA. free. If you’ve heard of BPA it’s probably because it’s been illegal to make children’s toys containing it for years. The reason? BPA breaks down and can become toxix in the blood stream. As yourself what’s a quicker route to the bloodstream, a child’s mouth, or the parts of your body you might stick a sex toy in?

And the U.S. isn’t the only place such concerns are being raised. Over in Germany the Green Party are calling on the government to pass regulations governing sex toys of the sort that govern children’s toys, according to Spiegel Online.

Here in Vancouver such concerns have been being raised for years – not by government, but by sex shop Womyn’sWare which has not only committed to carrying safe sex toys in their shop, but which has also been instrumental in getting the word out about unsafe ones.

So be aware of what your sex toys are made of, and if it’s not a “safer sex” toy then either stick a condom on it before sticking it in someone, or better yet stick it in the trash!

Read the original story at Blisstree


  1. Andrea / October 13, 2011 at 6:19 am / Reply

    I had no idea (zero) that a sex toy could be bad for me. We get through the stigma of feeling OK to use them and then find out they need to be labeled with ingredients. Thanks for posting.

  2. Leigh Resnikoff / March 5, 2012 at 3:51 am / Reply

    It’s possible that you might be having an allergic reaction to the rubber of the toy. Stop masturbating for a few days and see if the pain goes away when you insert your fingers. If it does, then try using the toy covered in a condom so that you aren’t being touched by the rubber material of the toy. If you can use it with a condom without pain, then you can safely assume that the rubber was giving you an allergic reaction. If the pain does not go away after you stop using the toy for a week, then you should see your doctor in case something else is going on. Good luck!

Leave a Reply